There are many ways to ensure the security of an apartment or house, for example, installing an alarm system, organizing video surveillance, or physical security. Each of them is effective in its own way, but undoubtedly has its pros and cons, which means that it can not be a 100% guarantee of peace of mind. Therefore, it has become a common practice to install multiple security elements on a single object.
Such security systems are popular even now, but more and more owners prefer remote security of premises, rightly noting its convenience and reliability. Over the past few years, remote security is the most popular way to protect apartments, houses, and offices. In other words, it is a system that combines technical and physical methods of protection into a single mechanism with Central management.
Technical equipment for remote security
The basis of most security systems in a variety of devices that respond to any changes in their area of operation — opening a door or window, movement, change of lighting, sounds. What kind of sensors and how many are needed depends on the type of room and layout features.
- Video cameras (optional).Panel protection: Video cameras Although the presence of a video camera will not help prevent theft or penetration, recordings from the scene will greatly simplify the investigation, and in the event of an emergency will help to find out its cause. It is also an opportunity to control what is happening at home, from anywhere in the world.
All equipment must comply with the software of the security company, so it is best if the choice of equipment, its installation, and physical protection will be handled by one company. If you connect a remote guard to an existing security system, you need to check all its parts for compatibility.
Panel protection: The PPC Receiving and control device is directly connected to the sensors. Any of them will be detected by the system, the device will trigger an alarm mechanism, and information about the event will immediately be forwarded to the security company.
- Signal transmission system
The effectiveness of the entire security system depends on how clearly and quickly the alarm signal is received by the security panel. Therefore, an important technical point will be the choice of communication channel-phone, GSM, GPRS, or radio channel. Transmitting a signal over a telephone line is considered an outdated method and is now found only in the public sector. The GSM system notifies the owner and the security company by sending a coded SMS message or enables the auto-call function to the security panel. The optimal solution will be GPRS-mobile Internet allows you to transmit not only an alarm signal but also information about what is happening. The radio communication channel is fast and reliable enough, it is almost not subject to external interference, but it is not relevant in any area.
- PCOThe centralized security control panel is a monitoring center that receives alarms from all protected objects. The operator processes this information and determines further actions, gives the command to leave the rapid response team, or calls additional services (ambulance, fire, emergency, etc.), if necessary. The presence of PCO, in fact, distinguishes the remote security system from other security systemsThe key element of the remote security system is the departure of the rapid response team. Duty groups are evenly distributed between security objects and are ready to respond to a call at any time. On average, it takes 5-7 minutes from the moment the alarm signal is processed at the PSC to the appearance of the task force at the crime scene – in most cases, this is enough to catch the attackers by surprise. Unfortunately, sometimes such a short period of time is enough for the criminal to escape.
Rapid response teams are formed from 3-4 highly qualified fighters who have undergone special physical and psychological training. The powers of the GBI are quite broad – such a group can not only scare an unsuccessful burglar but also protect you and your property in a really dangerous situation, such as an attempt at armed robbery. In addition, if a criminal has been apprehended, the task force is responsible for monitoring and handing him over to the police.
In some remote security systems, the alarm signal is sent directly to law enforcement agencies, rather than to private security agencies. However, given the lack of competence and workload of government agencies, such a scheme is less effective than cooperation with professional security companies.
With the development of technologies and lower prices for electronic devices, remote security is becoming more and more accessible to the mass consumer. Although a larger budget is required to install a remote alarm system, such a system fully justifies its price, since it guarantees the safety of your home. In addition, it is just as effective as the organization of physical protection, but significantly cheaper. The Manager of the security company can calculate the cost of installing such a security system in your home or office.
The cost of remote security depends on:
- territorial location of the object of protection
- size and area of the apartment
- layout features
- number and type of sensors
The price will also increase when installing additional systems and devices, such as:
- fire alarm system
- sensors for monitoring and controlling life support systems (water, gas, electricity, etc.)
- Video surveillance systems
- additional means of protection and protection.
However, even in the basic configuration, remote security remains one of the most effective tools for protecting apartments, houses, and offices.